My name is Janelle Durham. I am a:
- social worker (MSW)
- labor support doula
- facilitator for new parent support groups with PEPS
- lactation educator, childbirth educator, and childbirth educator trainer for the Great Starts program at Parent Trust for Washington Children
- parent educator for the Bellevue College Parent Education Program.
- author (co-author of Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn and Simple Guide to Having a Baby, author of the Great Starts Guide, a free downloadable booklet about choosing maternity caregiver and birthplace)
- not perfect parent to a 21 year old girl, a 17 year old girl, and a 3 year old boy.
Check out my other sites:
- More Good Days with Kids – a blog packed with resources for parenting kids from toddlerhood to kindergarten. Covers everything from brain development to discipline, potty training to early literacy, handling tantrums to the importance of free play and outdoor time.
- Transition to Parenthood – this site is in transition – Since 2002, it’s been a source for expectant parents of information on pregnancy, birth, and babies. It’s also packed with resources for childbirth educators. I am in the process of updating it, and will be moving the content for parents to this blog and to www.transitiontoparenthood.wordpress.com.
Note: This is my personal blog, not an official publication of any of my employers. I take responsibility for all content.