On this site, you’ll find ideas you can use to make parenting your newborn baby more manageable and more enjoyable!
- Research-based information: about breastfeeding, newborn care, managing daily life, and parenting skills that help you become the parent you want to be.
- Resources for parents: links to lots of other great resources on a wide variety of parenting topics.
- Realistic recommendations: as a new parent, you’ll have a lot of anxiety and uncertainty. There will be times when you’re feeling successful, and feeling like you’ve got the hang of this parenting thing. And there will be other times, when you’re holding a screaming baby, that you feel like a total failure. From my perspective after 25 years of parenting my kids, and 22 years as a parent educator, I know that we all have moments when we are the fabulous perfect parent and we all have moments where we’re truly crappy parents. We can only hope that in the long run, our kids can say that there were more good days than bad days. I’m here to share a little advice, support, and reassurance to help you have more good days.
About the Author
My name is Janelle Durham. I am a: social worker (MSW), labor support doula, facilitator for new parent support groups with PEPS, childbirth educator and childbirth educator trainer for the Great Starts program at Parent Trust for Washington Children, parent educator for the Bellevue College Parent Education Program, co-author of Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn, and a not-perfect parent to a 25 year old, a 22 year old, and an 8 year old.
Check out my other sites:
- Transition to Parenthood – information on pregnancy, birth, and babies – for expectant parents and for doulas and childbirth educators. Includes a podcast to help parents prepare for the birth of a child.
- More Good Days with Kids – a blog packed with resources for parenting kids from toddlerhood to kindergarten. Covers everything from brain development to discipline, potty training to early literacy, handling tantrums to the importance of free play and outdoor time.